Holidays are usually considered to be breaks. I really need this one! The previous 12 weeks had been full on with a work life balance that didn’t exist. I was tired and the work wasn’t completed; I was facing rest, relax and then return to the pile of work, how I would have preferred to complete the tasks and walk away for the holidays!
Packing the cases and car was like wading through treacle however we eventually arrived and settled into the ‘very old cottage’. Our friend arrived late in the afternoon and we spent a pleasant evening at the local dog friendly pub overlooking the valley. What a night! Olympic diving on the telly when we got back and good company, what more can a person ask for.
The following day we had plans to visit the coast, take the dog for a swim and spend some time with other members of the family. My sister arrived with my niece and nephew and after coffee we decided to set off, but where to... I went upstairs to get the map, unfortunately there was no internet in the cottage so we had to resort to the old fashioned method of map books. As I reached the top of the stairs I tripped rather spectacularly, falling against the wall grazing my face, damaging my glasses and twisting my left leg under my body as I landed on the old floor boards.
I don’t know what it would feel like to be shot but I can say that the sensation was of an explosion happening just above my left knee. Pain, unbelievable. Embarrassment extreme, although I could do anything about it I had now ruined all the plans and I knew that there would be trouble ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to comment and help me on my writing journey.